Saturday, January 30, 2010

Mis Adventuras

I haven't blogged in a while, so everyone get ready for a long one :)

First of all, I have been sick ever since I got here with like a cold/sinus infection and I am getting really tired of it. I bought some cough syrup, or "oral solución," at la farmacia and it tastes bad, but it might be working? I can't really tell...but I want to feel better soon. Here is a picture of what it is, and also what I have to say about it:



Last Monday night we went to a flamenco show at this place called La Carboneria. It was pretty cool, I must admit. There was just one flamenco dancer and one singer and one guitar player, but it was truly entertaining. I couldn't get a very good video of it because it was dark and I was sitting in the back. Here is my attempt:



I love how they actually say "olé" at the end.

On Wednesday we finally went on a tour of the Cathedral! I was stoked because I walk by and marvel at that thing every day, and it was awesome to finally go inside. It was absolutely HUMONGOUS, being the third largest cathedral in the world behind the Vatican and the St. Patrick's cathedral in London. It is the largest Gothic style cathedral in the world. Get it, Sevilla!

Of course it was gorgeous on the inside. The pictures don't do it justice, but here are some quick shots:





The last picture is of the stage and altar of the Cathedral. I went to mass there last Sunday and that is what the backdrop was. The gold pictures are of the life of Jesus. When Franco was Spain's dictator, he required everyone to be Catholic, but some people could not read and consequently could not understand the Bible. So, this was created for the illiterate to be able to know the Bible!

The cathedral also houses the tomb of Christopher Colombus...kind of cool.



At the end of the day we climbed to the top of the tower and got to see Sevilla in the coolest way possible. We could see almost the whole town!




In other news, McDonalds in Spain is WAY better than the one at home. I was truly enthralled by it. The Euro menu has many delicious things to order, including a chicken bbq sandwich, coffee with ice cream on top, or a vanilla cone with a kit-kat bar. Step it up, America!! Check it out...


AND they have lots of postres...

P.S. You are not supposed to take pictures in there. Oops.

That's all for now :)

"Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did." 1 John 2:6

No comments:

Post a Comment