Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Crazy White Girl

This is my post from the very first day! haha I didn't realize it didn't work...
So, if you were in the Madrid airport today and saw an American girl running through the airport with a Carolina blue bookbag on yelling, "Perdoname!," I might have to admit that it was me. I was having a bit of trouble getting from Madrid to Sevilla because I had a really quick turnover and I was misinformed about re-checking my bags. Anyway, I made it just as we were boarding the plane!! Unfortunately, my luggage did not make it with me! We rode the bus to the Hotel Alcazar, where I am now waiting for dinner and trying to relax from my jet lag!

For lunch a few of us went to a restaurante and had some interesting food. I had "sopa de picadillo," which was odd-tasting broth, mint leaves, and came with ham, bread, and eggs to put in it. It was good, but interesting. Also surprising, wine is cheaper than a bottle of water! We had a bit of trouble paying in Euros, but we figured it out eventually. That's all I have for now! More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment